Japanese Language Intensive 10 Weeks Online Course (N5/ Beginner)
Have you always wanted to learn Japanese in a short period of time? With our Intensive Japanese Language N5 Course (Beginner’s Course), you will learn the basic reading/ writing and listening skills in order to pass the N5 JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) by the end of the 10 weeks’ course.
- After 10 short weeks, you will have learned essential Japanese language words and phrases in order to pass the N5 JLPT or to have basic conversations in Japanese. With this course, you will learn between 700 – 800 vocabulary words or phrases.
- According to the administrators of the Official Worldwide Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), in order to pass the N5 level test, one must be able to read and understand typical expressions and sentences written in hiragana, katakana, and basic kanji. In addition, one should be able to listen and comprehend conversations about topics regularly encountered in daily life and classroom situations, and is able to pick up necessary information from short conversations spoken slowly.
- Take online lessons with a small class of up to 6 – 10 people from the comfort of your own home. The classes will be taught in English via Zoom online video conferencing.
- Studying materials will be provided and should be downloaded and printed before the start of the class.
- Classes are twice a week at:
- Japan time (GMT+9): Wednesdays and Fridays from 12 PM – 1:30 PM
- The time in other countries would be:
- Sydney, Australia (GMT+11): Wednesdays and Fridays from 2 PM – 3:30 PM
- New York, USA (GMT-5): Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 PM – 11:30 PM
- Los Angeles, USA (GMT-8): Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 PM – 8:30 PM
- English-speaking professional instructor
- Study materials available for download and print
- 20 classes in total (1.5 hours per class) in 10 weeks
- Spring Session 2020: March 25th to May 29th
- Summer Session 2020: June 24th to August 28th
Location: Online Classes will be via Zoom video conferencing
Price: 68,000 JPY per person
Supplementary private tutoring class (additional 4 hours): 22,000 JPY per person
- Must be at least 14 years old. Youth from age 14 to 17 years old can attend courses on their own, but will require an adult’s permission (contact number and email address of adult is necessary).
- Students must be respectful to instructors at all times. We reserve the right to cancel the lessons to students that are not respectful to teachers or other students.
- Students must attend classes on time and must study for a minimum of 4 hours each week on their own time.
- While this is a Beginner’s Course (to pass the N5 JLPT), students should memorize hiragana and katakana before the start of class.
- Students must have stable internet connection that can support online video conferencing.
All teachers are trained instructors from Valiant Japanese Language School in Tokyo. Instructors are experienced and professional. They will teach classes online just as if they were taught in a classroom setting.
Number of Students
The maximum number of students for the course will be from 6 – 10 people. At least 2 students must be enrolled in the class in order for us to proceed with the course. If we do not have at least 2 students enrolled, the class will be cancelled and the student who booked will receive a full refund.
All bookings are payable via Stripe (Booking Checkout) or PayPal. Confirmations regarding your booking will be sent at least 10 days before your course start date.
Strict Cancellation Policy:
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 45 days or less before course start date
How far in advance should I book?
Make a reservation as early as possible and ideally, at least a month in advance. We also suggest that students study hiragana and katakana for at least two weeks to one month to memorize all the letters (46 hiragana letters and 46 katakana letters).
Choose your course start date