Japanese Language 1 Week Survival Course
Are you planning a trip to Japan soon? Are you worried that you won’t be able to get around without speaking the language? Have no fear! Join our intensive Japanese Language Survival Course for 1 week and we will make sure you’re prepared for your trip!
- Learn essential Japanese language words and phrases that can be used during your visit to Japan, including learning numbers, time, how to ask for directions, what to say in a taxi, how to make reservations, and Japanese customs that are said to be polite and respectful in Japanese culture.
- When you arrive in Tokyo, Japan, meet with an instructor for your 2-hour in-person lesson where you’ll practice using what you’ve learned in real-life scenarios, such as ordering at a restaurant, asking for directions and more. The instructor will help you through the process and help make corrections so that you’ll be prepared to travel on your own in Japan.
- Take private online lessons from the comfort of your own home. The classes will be taught in English via Zoom online video conferencing.
- Choose between 3 classes (2 hours each) or 2 classes (3 hours each). Total time for online lessons is 6 hours. There should also be 4 hours of self-study per student outside of the class.
- Studying materials will be provided and should be downloaded and printed before the start of the class.
- Classes are for a minimum of 2 people. Supplementary cost for an individual (1 person) is available.
- English-speaking instructor
- Study materials available for download and print
- 3 classes (2 hours each) or 2 classes (3 hours each)
- One 2-hour private tour/in-person lesson with instructor in Toyko (or extra 2 hour lesson time online if the student will not be visiting Tokyo, or would prefer to take the lessons online)
- All year round except holidays. Class schedules are based on availability between student and instructor. Classes should fall between 8 AM to 10 PM JST.
Location: Online Classes will be via Zoom video conferencing. In-person lesson will be in Tokyo, Japan.
1 Week Survival Course (including in-person lesson):
- 2 or more people: 19,500 JPY per person
- 1 Person: 38,000 JPY per person
Supplementary online class (additional 4 hours):
- 2 or more people: 11,900 JPY per person
- 1 Person: 22,000 JPY per person
- Must be at least 12 years old. Youth from age 12 to 17 years old can attend courses on their own, but will require an adult’s permission (contact number and email address of adult is necessary).
- Students must be respectful to instructors at all times. We reserve the right to cancel the lessons to students that are not respectful to teachers.
- Students must attend classes on time. All classes should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. And although this is an intensive 1 week course, classes can be taken over a 14-day period. All classes must be taken within 14 days of the first class.
- Must have stable internet connection that can support online video conferencing.
All teachers are trained instructors from Valiant Japanese Language School in Tokyo. Instructors are experienced and professional. They will teach classes online just as if they were taught in a classroom setting.
Payment and Cancellations
Full payment should be made in advance. If you pay for the class in advance but would like to cancel, please cancel at least one week before your first scheduled class. Once the class begins, there are no refunds for the class. If a class was missed (not rescheduled within 24 hours before the class starts), the class cannot be rescheduled and we will not be able to refund for that specific class.
How far in advance should I book?
Make a reservation as early as possible and ideally, at least a month in advance.
Choose your course start date