Food Tour of Shibuya’s Most Popular Neighborhood Ebisu
- Ebisu, located in Shibuya ward, is a sweet little area of Tokyo that is known for its cozy and small restaurants, pubs and famous standing bars (tachinomiya). For the last few years, Tokyo locals have consistently ranked Ebisu as the neighborhood they would most want to live in. It’s quite different from other parts of the city in that it is really laid back, making it a refreshing break from the chaos of the big city and a great area to kick back to enjoy some good food and a drink.
- Meet your guide at 5:30 PM at Ebisu Station and begin your 2.5 hour food tour by getting acquainted with your tour guide and others in your small group. Spend the next 3 hours roaming this hidden food scene of Tokyo, visiting multiple restaurants and stalls and trying a variety of Japanese food including okonomiyaki, takoyaki and yakitori. Walk around a lively alley with dozens of small shops and bars in the heart of Ebisu, where you will experience how locals spend their evenings after work by enjoying their favorite foods with a beer or sake.
- After the feast, sip on a beer, sake or just juice/ soda (one drink included) to wash down all the food before having some Japanese dessert to end the Ebisu food tour.
Availability: Any day except holidays (from 5:30 PM to 8 PM)
Location: Ebisu, Tokyo
2+ People in a Group (minimum of 2 people per booking):
- Standard Option: 12000 JPY per person
- Private Option: 16500 JPY per person
- Standard Food + Whisky: 22000 JPY per person
- Private Food + Whisky: 26500 JPY per person
1 Person (supplementary cost included):
- Private Option: 22000 JPY for 1 person only
- Local guide
- Small group tour
- Gratuities and local taxes
- Entrance fees
- Food tasting, 1 drink (beer, sake, soda or juice)
- Additional drinks (available to purchase; only one drink included)
- Transportation to/from attractions
This experience is for guests that are age 8 and up (children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult). The legal drinking age in Japan is 20 years old. A booking must be made for all guests, and the cost is the same for any age between 8 to 99 years.
All reservations are final and is payable via PayPal. Confirmations regarding your booking will be sent at least 10 days before your activity date.
Why visit Ebisu Neighborhood in Shibuya?
Ebisu (恵比寿) is major district of Shibuya-ku in Tokyo. The Ebisu neighborhood was developed on the site of a former brewery, Ebisu beer, which gave the area its name. The area became popular both as a residential and leisure hub mainly due to Yebisu Garden Place (one of Tokyo’s most pleasant dining, shopping, residential and working mini-cities since it opened in 1994). The neighborhood developed around Yebisu Garden Place over time, and Ebisu has since been renowned for its high concentration of bars and restaurants, including many izakaya (Japanese-styled pubs).
In SUUMO’s 2016 survey, Tokyo locals ranked Ebisu as the neighborhood that they would most want to live in. The headquarters of many international companies and embassies are also located nearby, which also makes the Ebisu neighborhood popular among ex-pats. The atmosphere here is high-end but friendly and relaxed.
The Ebisu neighborhood hits the trifecta of central location, easy access to public transport, and desirable amenities. Its location is especially ideal as it is located in Shibuya ward, just south of Shibuya and north of Meguro and near the fashionable Daikanyama and Hiroo neighborhoods.