Hakone Private One Day Tour from Tokyo
- Explore Hakone and see Mt. Fuji with an English guide on this one-day small group tour with round-trip from Tokyo to Hakone and return
- Guests will be able to take a cruise on Lake Ashi, ride on the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway that overlooks the Hakone National Park, Old Tokaido road walking from Hakone Sekisho checkpoint (30 minute walk), depending on weather and season
- All guide fees and transportation within Hakone
- All Hakone bus fares, mountain train and cable cars
- Entrance fees for Hakone Gora Park, Old Tokaido road walking along Lake Ashi (30 minute walk)
- In good weather: Owakudani Ropeway with the view of the volcanic activity at the Boiling Valley and Mt Fuji; Cruising Lake Ashi with a Pirate ship with the view of Mt Fuji
- Discount Entrance Fees to Hakone Open Air Museum, Narukawa Art Museum and the Hakone Barrier Station
- Hakone Free Pass + Odakyu Express Train (Romance Car) from and return to Shinjuku Station (6920 JPY total per person, paid to guide on the day of the tour)
- Meals, snacks and drinks
- Optional Activities:
- Ride on the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway that overlooks the Hakone National Park (Optional: 1,300 JPY)
- Gora Park’s Tea Ceremony in Japanese garden (Optional: 500 JPY)
- Hakone Open Air Museum with Picasso Gallery (Optional: 1,600 JPY)
- Crusing Lake Ashi with a two body modern ship and a rope way to the top of Mt. Koma (Optional, Ropeway + Ship fee: 2,220 JPY)
- Narukawa Art Museum with good view of Mt. Fuji and Japanese paintings (Optional: 1,200 JPY)
- Public Hot bath at Hakone Yumoto (Optional, Entrance fee: 1,800 JPY, for private indoor bath: +1,000 JPY)
- Other optional activities in Hakone
Availability: Any day except holidays
Location: Tokyo to Hakone, and return
Time: Meet your tour guide at Shinjuku Station at 7:30 am sharp (for guests who have JR pass, meet your guide at Tokyo Station at 7:30 am)
- Adult: 23,000 JPY per person (minimum of 2 people)
- Child: 6,000 JPY per person (Age 6 to 12, must be accompanied by adult)
- Young Child: 2,500 JPY per person (Age 5 and under, must be accompanied by adult)
- Must provide birth date to verify age at the time of booking
- Passport will be required for transportation on tour day
This private tour is for a group of 8 or less people. For a larger group, we may have two tour guides present (depending on availability).
All reservations are final and is payable via PayPal. Confirmations regarding your booking will be sent at least 10 days before your activity date.
How far in advance should I book?
Hakone is a popular destination from Tokyo. We recommend making a reservation as early as possible and ideally, at least a month in advance.
When is it Peak Season and what does that mean for this tour?
There are many peak seasons in Hakone, but it is especially busy during Autumn as Hakone is one of the most beautiful locations of Japan to view autumn foliage. During peak season, there will be heavy traffic on the roads and may take two to three times the duration to travel between locations by bus at Hakone.
Other peak holidays include Golden Week (May 6th to 27th), the Obon Holidays (August 11th to 20th), and the New Year Holidays (December 28th – January 6th).