Private Hakone Two-Day Tour from Tokyo
- Explore Hakone and see Mt. Fuji with an English guide on this private 2-day and 1 night tour with round-trip from Tokyo to Hakone and return. Take a cruise on Lake Ashi, ride on the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway that overlooks the Hakone National Park and walk on the Old Tokaido Road. Spend the first day exploring Hakone with your tour guide before your overnight stay at a ryokan (traditional Japanese inn). On the second day, you have the full the day to yourself (with Hakone Free Pass included) before returning to Tokyo.
- Guests will be able to take a cruise on Lake Ashi, ride on the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway that overlooks the Hakone National Park, Old Tokaido road walking from Hakone Sekisho checkpoint (30 minute walk), depending on weather and season.
- All guide fees and transportation within Hakone
- All Hakone bus fares, mountain train and cable cars
- Hakone Free Pass + Odakyu Express Train (Romance Car) from and return to Shinjuku Station
- Entrance fees for Hakone Gora Park, Old Tokaido road walking along Lake Ashi (30 minute walk)
- In good weather: Owakudani Ropeway with the view of the volcanic activity at the Boiling Valley and Mt Fuji; Cruising Lake Ashi with a Pirate ship with the view of Mt Fuji
- Discount Entrance Fees to Hakone Open Air Museum, Narukawa Art Museum and the Hakone Barrier Station
- Private local tour guide for your group on the first day
- 1 night stay in traditional Japanese hotel (ryokan) with onsen hot spring experience and hotel breakfast
- Meals, snacks and drinks
- Optional Experiences:
- Ride on the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway that overlooks the Hakone National Park (Optional: 1,300 JPY)
- Gora Park’s Tea Ceremony in Japanese garden (Optional: 500 JPY)
- Hakone Open Air Museum with Picasso Gallery (Optional: 1,600 JPY)
- Crusing Lake Ashi with a two body modern ship and a rope way to the top of Mt. Koma (Optional, Ropeway + Ship fee: 2,220 JPY)
- Narukawa Art Museum with good view of Mt. Fuji and Japanese paintings (Optional: 1,200 JPY)
- Public Hot bath at Hakone Yumoto (Optional, Entrance fee: 1,800 JPY, for private indoor bath: +1,000 JPY)
- Other optional activities in Hakone
- Dinner on first day (must be booked in advance):
- Geisha dinner experience (Optional: 10,000 JPY per person)
- Kaiseki dinner at the hotel (Optional: 5,000 to 8,000 JPY per person)
Availability: Any day except holidays; must be booked at least 3 weeks in advance.
Location: Tokyo to Hakone, and return
Time: Meet your tour guide at Shinjuku Station at 7:30 am sharp (for guests who have JR pass, meet your guide at Odawara Station at 7:30 am)
Price per person:
- Adult: 49,000 JPY per person (minimum of 2 people)
- Child: 15,000 JPY per person (Age 6 to 12, must be accompanied by adult)
- Young Child: 2,500 JPY (age 5 and under, must be accompanied by adult)
- Must provide birth date to verify age at the time of booking
- Passport will be required for transportation on tour day
- Non-smoking: All the rooms are non-smoking in ryokan, there are designated areas outside for those who would like to smoke.
The hotel experience will be a traditional Japanese ryokan, in which there will be tatami floors with futon that guests may sleep on top above the floor. Hotel accommodation will be 3 Stars. For guests who would like 4 or 5 star hotel or ryokan, additional costs will apply. Please inquire at booking.
For optional Geisha dinner experience (10,000 JPY per person), guests must have their overnight stay at the hotel, Tonosawa Ichinoyu Honkan Resort in Hakone, which is a traditional ryokan. Guests must share bathroom for this ryokan (private bathroom may not be available). For guests who do not want optional Geisha dinner experience, other ryokan with private bathroom may be booked.
This private tour is for a group of 8 or less people. For a larger group, we may have two tour guides present (depending on availability).
All reservations are subject to Standard, Moderate or Firm Cancellation Policy. The Cancellation Policy will appear at checkout.
All bookings is payable via Stripe (Booking Checkout) or PayPal. Confirmations regarding your booking will be sent at least 10 days before your activity date.
How far in advance should I book?
Hakone is a popular destination from Tokyo. We recommend making a reservation as early as possible and ideally, at least a month in advance.
When is it Peak Season and what does that mean for this tour?
There are many peak seasons in Hakone, but it is especially busy during Autumn as Hakone is one of the most beautiful locations of Japan to view autumn foliage. During peak season, there will be heavy traffic on the roads and may take two to three times the duration to travel between locations by bus at Hakone.
Other peak holidays include Golden Week (May 6th to 27th), the Obon Holidays (August 11th to 20th), and the New Year Holidays (December 28th – January 6th).
How does the room at the ryokan work if I have children?
Children will be staying in the same room as adults. For additional beds/futons in the room, please let us know in advance so that we can make arrangements.
Non-smoking: All the rooms are non-smoking, there are designated areas outside for those who would like to smoke.